Brad J. Heying was born in Dubuque, Iowa. In 1989 he graduated with highest honors from the University of Northern Iowa, majored in accounting. In 1989, Mr. Heying became a certified public accountant. In 1992, he received his juris doctorate (with distinction) from the University of Iowa College of Law.
Mr. Heying is a shareholder with Kane, Norby & Reddick and practices primarily in the areas of corporate/commercial law, real estate, estate planning, probate. He is a frequent speaker on estate planning and is a member of the Iowa Academy of Trust and Estate Council. Mr. Heying has been an adjunct professor of federal income taxation for more than 10 years.
Mr. Heying is a member of the Dubuque County and Iowa State (Business Section) Bar Associations and has serve on the board of directors of many local charities.
Areas Of Practice
- Corporate/Commercial Law 60%
- Estate Planning/Probate 20%
- Real Estate 20%
- Taxation Law
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Public Accountant, Iowa, 1989
- Iowa, 1992
- University of Iowa College of Law, Iowa City, Iowa
- Honors: With Distinction
- University of Northern Iowa, Cedar Falls, Iowa
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: Accounting
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Iowa State Bar Association, Member, 1992 to Present
- Iowa Academy of Trust and Estate Council, Member, 2012 to Present
- Dubuque County Bar Association, Member
- Iowa State Bar Association, Business Law Section, Member